Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 26, 2009




The Perfect Day... We wake up in BWCA and it is gorgeous outside. It is sunny, warm and not a cloud in the sky. We have breakfast, coffee, and a morning dip. Mike and I pack up the canoe with a cooler and fishing rod. I fish with a trolling motor that operates on alternative fuels-Mike runs on Leinenkugels Original. It is very eco-friendly; thats how we roll in the wilderness. I caught two small mouth bass. We take a break and swim to the middle of the lake. It was so refreshing. Then Mike fishes while I act as the trolling motor. He, of course, catches the biggest fish. We also catch an awesome sun burn. Mike and I head back to our site and make dinner. Then we take a nap. After our rest Mike asks me to come out of the tent. In the middle of our beautiful spot, he asks me to take a deep breath. As he gets a box out of his backpack, he kneels on one knee, and asks me to marry him! I said...YES of course!!! What a perfect ending to our perfect day.

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Mike, you sly dog! Why didn't you tell me? Congrats guys!! And a special congrats to you, Kelly! (I know you've been waiting for a bit) I love the blog so far and can't wait to read more. I'll let everyone at work know the address. Have a blast and be safe out there.

    -Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Started crying again when I read this, what a baby. Let's talk dates again in a few weeks. How hard could it be to fly out and meet you for a few days? Have fun!
    ~Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I meant dates to fly in and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you two! Finally!! I am so happy for you. Now we'll have matching rocks Kelly! Have a great and safe trip. We'll be checking the blog. -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAHHHHH!!! Chris and I are so excited for you guys!!! What a great way to propose! It sounds like your trip is going to be so much fun, and I look forward to reading all about it!! Have fun! Malinda

    ReplyDelete