Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 25, 2009


We got up and packed for Boundary Waters. We toasted a beer at 10:00 am to our trip. Amber drove us to Rockwood Outfitters to get our canoe. This was our 4th year coming here and Mike and Lynn were wonderful as usual. Amber looked at home with our canoe on top of her. We set off at Bearskin Lake and portaged 60 rods to Daniels Lake. I carried the cooler with 42 beers :) We got the best spot on Daniels Lake. No one else was around. Mike skinny dipped after we arrived. While he was swimming the largest beaver I have ever seen popped out of the water 6 feet in front of him-no kidding! At the same time I hear something big rustling around up at camp. Mike runs out of the water yelling, "Oh great, just my luck I have to chase a bear while I am bare assed!" As he runs up there, we discover it was just a red squirrel running off with one of our empty miller lite cans. What could he possibly want with that? We end our day with a campfire and the most beautiful big dipper I have ever seen.

1 comment: