Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 25, 2009







Woke up today and had a fabulous shower! We said our goodbyes to Alex and Ryan and wished them well. Then we packed up with a hoard of 500 biting flies, and back on the road again. As we drove on, we passed our friends on the bikes and took a great action shot of them. Just a ways further we watched a black bear scurry across the road and disappear into the brush. A great way to start the day. Also, I don't think I mentioned this before, but the ravens out here in Canada and Alaska are the size of chickens. Check out the picture-remember to click on it to get full size. A little further on our way, we pulled up to a scene that looked like it could be an accident. Instead, it was a checkpoint. We were stopped by the fish and wildlife police. They were checking vehicles to see if any fish or game were being transported. Crazy! Since we are not, they flagged us through, and we carried on. Mike and I have stopped listing the Westy's that we pass now, they are plentiful in this area. It is great to watch Mike get so excited and lean his hand way out of the window to wave at our fellow Vanagon owners. We decided to stop early today at Shady Rest RV park just outside of Houston, BC. I had to blog and Mike had to tend to Amber. Only 750 more miles to Seattle!

3 comments:

  1. Hey guys! Nice pic of me - I look like a man on a mission. We'll be catching up our blogging tomorrow - a day off calls for us in Smithers, BC. Are you on the coast yet? Is the whiskey cheaper down there??? I hope all is well! Cheers,Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ryan,

    Yes we are travelling on the Pacific Coast right now and yes the whiskey is much cheaper here then Canada. Kelly and I are still in awe of you two! Have a safe trip to South America and remember that you guys are hardcore, doing this trip all by yourselves without a safety net (follow vans like those other wussies I won't mention). When you succeed to reach your destination you will keep that confidence the rest of your life and succeed in anything you put your mind to! Say hi to your bro for us and take care!

    Mike and Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike and Kelly! I just ran across your site after cleaning up some old links I had floating around. Man that was a great summer. I forgot you two were in Wisconsin. My wife and I are over in Madison and if you guys ever bring the family up here I'd love to see you! Shoot me an email if you ever do: lastnamefirstname@gmail.com with last name first name replaced. Cheers, Ryan

    ReplyDelete