Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 18, 2009




As Mike and I were packing up to continue on our adventure, Garrett and I were looking up at the hills trying to find a waterfall that was on his map. As I peered up I saw a HUGE black bear grazing in the hills. We all sat down and enjoyed our breakfast of oatmeal while looking through Garrett's binoculars watching this amazing beast enjoy his feast of berries, rest, and continue up higher and higher into the mountains. (Hint-if you click on the pictures of our blog they will appear full sized.) We finished up and said our goodbyes. I think the bear heard us because he darted away full speed into the fores t. We continued on our hike. Mileage was our goal today, and we did accomplish it. We hiked 14.5 miles from mountains to valleys. We did reach the highest point to Resurrection Pass at 2600 feet. We were spent. This is a new record for our backpacking days!

No comments:

Post a Comment